How precious are Your thoughts to me, O LORD ... how vast is the sum of them!

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Generations

You may or may not have missed my post last week, but I had a good reason for its absence . . . family vacation! We visited my mom’s side of the family. My grandmother’s birthday is in June, and this year she turned 99. She is doing so well for her age! She has always been a reader, and she still devours a quantity of library books every month. 


If any of you have read the dedication of my novel Suit and Suitability, you may possibly remember I dedicated it to my grandmother Irene. She has always been a special person in my life. She was born in 1918, putting her at about a year younger than the middle Dashiell sister, Marion; so the Great Depression overshadowed her youth. But like many of the solid-gold Americans who lived during that decade, she came out the stronger for it. Although Suit and Suitability is not released in paperback yet, I did give her an unofficial proof copy because she was eager to read it. I am so blessed to have her!

Happy birthday, Grandma! You always have and always will inspire me and your many other children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, what a sweet post! Thanks for sharing! And happy birthday to your grandmother! That's so amazing! :) (Also, totally random, but I love your shirt in that picture!) I hope you had a good vacation!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, on all counts! :) I love this lady and am so happy and amazed that she's been blessing us this long. :) Our vacation was great! We had such a good time with all the family members!
      (Thanks: the shirt is new to me. :D)

      Delete